(PART-TIME, FULL TIME, OR CONTRACT) INVESTIGATIVE INSURANCE RESEARCHER
PolicyFind is looking for talented investigation professionals to join our team. We are an Insurance Archeology firm, based in the Midwest, expanding its national footprint with a current focus on the East Coast of the US. While a background in the insurance industry is a strong plus, we will entertain potential candidates with the right mix of skills, knowledge and abilities. This is a great part-time opportunity for retired or semi-retired insurance claims professionals, paralegals, or other investigators. Equally, this is a great opportunity for an early or mid-career shift for qualified candidates within the same professions.
As an Investigative Researcher you will conduct investigations using proprietary tools, industry products, and online resources to deliver information used in our Insurance Archeology suite of services.
- Gather data as part of the investigative process using in-house research tools, online resources, and databases
- Travel to collect information in-person and conduct interviews
- Interpretation of corporate and legal documents
- Communicate accurate information to supervisors, team members, and clients when applicable
- Communicate effectively with representatives of federal and state regulatory bodies, registrar’s offices, court clerks, court recorders, etc.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- High level of curiosity and drive for finding the truth
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate, negotiate and win friends during the course of information gathering
- Corporate level verbal and written communication skills to summarize investigation findings clearly and concisely
- Strong analytical and decision-making ability to assist when assessing the importance of research data in-hand
- Ability to proficiently utilize typical office and communications computer software products. Let’s start with Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Positive attitude and possession of a team player mentality
- Ability to work independently and prioritize assignments
- Must be able to conduct web-based research
- Able to discreetly handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Trustworthiness & a strong ethical compass are vital
Work hours and environment
This is a Remote Work Option full or part-time position, which will require periodic travel. Employees are required to maintain own high-speed internet connection and a remote workspace free of distraction. Video Conferencing is required. Candidates must have reliable transportation, a valid Driver’s License, and maintain vehicle insurance. It is required that standard work hours are maintained weekly. Those hours will be determined upon hire.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; or,
- Previous work or professional research experience involving the compilation of data or court records; will also accept significant research conducted while attending an educational institution
- Pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Research and writing: 3 years (Preferred)
To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.